Introduction of the Fund
The Lead Balanced Fund is an Open-Ended Fund authorized and registered in Nigeria as a Unit Trust Scheme under Section 160 of the Investment and Securities Act No. 29, 2007, comprising of 5,000,000 units of N 100.00 each. The Fund is governed by a Trust deed and United Capital Trustees Limited have been appointed as Trustees. The Units of the Fund will be issued on a continuous basis to new subscribers at the prevailing offer price after the initial offering.
The Fund will seek to achieve capital appreciation, by holding long term positions in different asset classes and provide regular income streams for unitholders. The fund will focus on value investing by holding long term equity positions in viable blue chip companies that are attractively priced and listed on the NSE. In addition, the fund will invest in high quality fixed income securities such as Treasury bills, Bonds and other short term instruments thereby reducing the overall volatility of the investment portfolio and offering investors competitive returns.
The Fund will base its investment on the following philosophies.
- Capital Preservation: Capital preservation is the primary investment philosophy of this fund. As such, the investment manager will take reasonable measures to preserve investors’ capital, understanding that losses may occur on the individual instrument.
- Risk Aversion: Risk is present in all investments types and styles, including equities and fixed income investments. The fund recognises that some risks are necessary to ensure long term investment returns that are sufficient to meet the investment objectives. However, the investment manager will make reasonable efforts to regularly evaluate the portfolio assets and ensure that the risk assumed is appropriate for the investment objectives.
- Investment Discipline: Investment managers will adhere to the investment strategy as agreed and ratified by the investment committee and will be evaluated regularly to ensure adherence.
The Fund will be managed by a team of experienced portfolio managers whose investment selection decisions are based on the outcome of thorough research of all target investments.
|S/n||Asset Class||Asset Allocation Range (%)||
Target Weighting (%)
|1||Equities||10 – 60||30%|
|2||Treasury Bills/other money market securities||20 – 70||55%|
|3||Bonds||0 – 20||10%|
|4||Cash||0 – 5||5%|
Offer for Subscription of 5,000,000 unit of N100.00 each
We write to introduce our Lead Balance Fund, an Open-Ended Fund authorized and registered in Nigeria as a Unit Trust Scheme under Section 160 of the Investment and Securities Act No. 29, 2007, comprising of 5,000,000 units of N 100.00 each. The Fund is governed by a Trust deed and United Capital Trustees Limited have been appointed as Trustees. The Units of the Fund will be issued on a continuous basis to new subscribers at the prevailing offer price after the initial offering.
Application list Opening Date: Friday, April 5, 2019
Application list Closing Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Click the below links to download
Subscribe for this fund through the following steps;
1. Download and complete the LBF Subscription Form below.
2. Pay the subscription amount to the below-designated bank.
3. Scan and send a copy of the completed form with payment evidence (Transfer details/Deposit Slip) to email@example.com
4. The Customer Service unit will contact you within 2hrs to confirm receipt of your form and payment.
Offer proceed bank accounts
|Below N10million||Above 10Million|
|Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank||Bank: Access Bank Plc|
|Name: Lead Asset Management Limited||Name: Lead Balanced Fund Offer Proceed|
|Account: 0004526622||Account: 0801626311|
|Sort code: 044150291|